More dynamic post-Tarantino surf-rock from Ben Rogers’ Instrumental Asylum! Following the critically acclaimed debut album “Welcome to the Instrumental Asylum” and then “Reverb Rehab” (Top Roots Release of 2007 – Rhythms Magazine), comes “Instrumentally Disturbed” – a mix of the band’s latest compositions together with a frantic surf/garage version of The Exciters’ sixties hit Tell Him, a distortion-laden re-interpretation of Django Reinhardt’s last composition “Anouman”, and a rendition of the classic “La Mer” (Beyond the Sea). Surf guitar legend Martin Cilia (The Atlantics) features on two tracks, as well as US drummer Al Kash (Commander Cody, Dave Hole, Savoy Brown, etc), who also guested on Reverb Rehab.
1. Fencing 3:38 (Rogers, Scarlett, Close)
2. Bent Guitar Surfer 3:27 (Rogers)
3. Ain’t Over Yet 3:02 (Rogers, Close)
4. e-Game 2:44 (Rogers Scarlett, Close)
note: features Aussie surf guitar maestro Martin Cilia (The Atlantics)
5. Shfuffle 3:02 (Close)
6. Tell Him 2:37 (Language warning refers to the outro on this track.) (Berns)
7. Blues on a Borrowed Guitar 3:02 (Rogers)
8. Lost in D Minor 2:42 (Rogers)
9. Last Coffee on Union Road 2:42(Rogers Scarlett, Close)
Also features Martin Cilia on guitar
10. Anouman 3:3 (Reinhardt)
Al Kash on drums
11. On Board the Mandalay 3:42 (Rogers)
Al Kash features on this track too.
12. Never Seize to Amaze 2:35 (Rogers, Close)
13. Eddie’s Hip Joint 2:42 (Rogers)
14. La Mer 3:09 (Trenet)
A different treatment of “Beyond the Sea”, with Nikki adding Ukulele on this track.
15. Souther Right Surfer 3:49 (Rogers)
16. Eddie’s Hip Joint 3:59 (Rogers)
Copyright © 2018 Ben Rogers | Website designed and developed by Mandy Hall Media.